KGet is a versatile and user-friendly download manager in Linux.
Features of KGet
- Downloading files from FTP and HTTP(S) sources, including pages and individual hyperlinks.
- Pausing and resuming of downloading files, as well as the ability to restart a download.
- Tells lots of information about current and pending downloads.
- Embedding into system tray.
- Metalink support which contain multiple URLs for downloads, along with checksums and other information.
Unfortunately, KGet only supports integration with Konqueror. So I decided to build an integrator for KGet for Chrome/Chromium.
This project is based on uget-chrome-wrapper .
Download and install KGet if don’t have it installed already.
sudo apt-get install kget
sudo pacman -S kget
Or you can simply download it from Store if available
Clone the repo and change directory
git clone https://github.com/z3r0c00l-2k/kget-integrator.git cd kget-integrator
Run the installation Script
Now Open Chrome/Chromium, Extenstion and enable Developer mode
Then Drag and Drop extension.crx file to Chrome/Chromium.
Finally restart your browser.
Enjoy downloading with KGet on Chrome/Chromium
Pull requests are welcome. For major changes, please open an issue first to discuss what you would like to change.
GNU General Public License v3